Marching & Pep Bands
Welcome to the University of Kansas Marching Jayhawks! For over 100 years, the Marching Jayhawks have provided entertaining shows for students, fans, and alumni of our great university. Over 400 students participate in the various band ensembles offered at KU, and the Marching Jayhawks represent students from nearly every major on campus!
We have a rich tradition of performances and recognition:
- In 1989 the Marching Jayhawks were the recipient of the Sudler Trophy (the highest honor bestowed to college marching bands each year).
- Recent bowl performances include the Orange Bowl, Insight Bowl, and Fort Worth Bowl.
- Sports Illustrated listed the Marching Jayhawks as one of the top 10 college marching bands in the country in 1994.
- The Marching Jayhawks perform at all home football games at Memorial Stadium and at select away football games each season.
- Marching Jayhawk members also comprise the membership of pep bands for KU Volleyball, and are of course an integral part of the Allen Fieldhouse environment for Men's and Women's Basketball games!
Through our traditional pregame performances, exciting halftime shows, and energizing music throughout game day, the Marching Jayhawks embody the spirit and tradition of the University of Kansas!
Whether you are a prospective student, current or former Jayhawk, or just a friend of the band, please enjoy your visit to our webpage and return often for updates and announcements about your Marching Jayhawks!
Dr. Matthew O. Smith
Associate Director of Bands
Director, Marching Jayhawks
Ms. Sharon Toulouse
Assistant Director of Bands